Foreign Policy Institute (FPI)
The Turkish Foreign Policy Institute (FPI) was founded in 1974 as a private organization.It’s Council of Administration is composed of academicians, diplomats and bureaucrats. The founder of the Institute, Mr. Seyfi Tashan, is also the President. The Turkish Foreign Policy Institute aims at contributing to foreign policy through research, meetings and publications.
Researchers come mostly from the Turkish universities.International conferences,seminars and workshops are organized mainly in cooperation with foreign counterparts.The Institute publishes by annual “Foreign Policy/Dış Politika”.
The FPI and its director are currently members of a number of international research and study centers.
It is currently affiliated to the Turkish Foundation for International Relations and Strategic Studies.
The current members of its Council of Administration are:
- Seyfi Taşhan, President of Foreign Policy Institute
- Ambassador (Rtd.) Oktay Aksoy, Director of International Programmes of Foreign Policy Institute
- Prof. Dr. Oya Akgönenç Muğisuddin, Ufuk University
- Prof. Ersel Aydınlı, Executive Director of The Turkish Fulbright Commission
- Prof. Dr. Hüseyin Bağcı, METU International Relations Department
- Prof. Dr. Erdinç Tokgöz, Ufuk University
- Prof. Dr. Orhan Morgil, Economist
- Ambassador (Rtd.) Numan Hazar
- Ambassador Burak Akçapar, Director General for Policy Planning at the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Aymelek Taşhan, Rtd. Lawyer
Address: İlker 1. Cadde, 1024. Sokak, Aylin Apt. Dikmen/ANKARA
Phone: +90312 478 5250